In the course of your studies, you will come across various terms that you did not know before. Not only technical ones, but also organizational ones. Here you will find help for the beginning of your studies. From A for App to P for Preparatory Language Courses.
Minimum Requirement of Study Progress
The following applies to Bachelor's programmes started from winter semester 2022/23 onwards:
- Students shall be required to submit proof of academic achievements amounting to a total of at least 16 ECTS credits within the first four semesters. This shall apply to each study programme they have been admitted to. Recognitions according to § 78 shall be counted towards this minimum requirement of study progress only if the examination, other academic achievement, activity and qualification on which the recognition is based was successfully completed during the relevant semesters.
- The ECTS credits for the achievement of the minimum requirement of study progress after four semesters according to para 1 may be acquired by 31 October in the winter semester and by 31 March in the summer semester. The time of successful completion of the achievement is decisive for the calculation of the ECTS credits.
- Semesters for which an academic leave has been granted shall not be counted into the four semesters as determined in para 1.
- According to § 68 para 1 subpara 2a, admission to a study programme shall expire on 1 November or 1 April, respectively, if the student fails to achieve the minimum amount of ECTS credits according to para 1.
- These provisions shall not apply to students with disabilities in the meaning of § 3 BGStG.
The app "My Degree Programme (Curriculum Support)", which is available via UNIGRAZonline, gives you an overview of your studies, your courses and your study progress. You must continuously update your completed achievements in the app itself. We will support you with instructions.
If you want to cancel an option you have chosen or assign a completed course to a different category, please contact gewi.anerkennung(at)uni-graz.at.
STEOP - The Orientation Phase
The orientation phase (STEOP) is intended to provide an overview of the content of your studies. Until it has been completed, i.e. you have received a positive grade for all the courses from this phase , you can take exams worth up to a maximum of 22 ECTS (according to the registration requirements stated in the curriculum).
The basic module includes courses that are designed to help you to orientate yourself at the beginning of your study programme. It consists of a subject-specific, a faculty-wide and a university-wide part. A look beyond the field of your own subject is intended to promote interdisciplinarity and help you begin to develop lateral thinking skills.
Upon completion of all parts of the basic module (a. to d.), a certificate can be obtained.
If you want to get more out of your studies, you've come to the right place. Here you will not only find information about additional qualifications, but also a collection of all the programmes, courses and support options available to you at the University of Graz.
There are many options. Make the most out of them!
Preparatory language courses for Romance Studies, Slavic Studies and Translation Studies.
Preparatory language courses help to raise your language competence to the necessary entry level for your chosen degree programme.
For the Bachelor's degree programmes in Romance Studies, Slavic Studies and Translation Studies (ITAT), these courses are offered at treffpunkt sprachen - Centre for Language, Plurilingualism and Didactics .
Registration at treffpunkt sprachen
Registration for the courses takes place via treffpunkt sprachen.