|Chairperson:||Robert Vellusig, Ao.Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr.phil.|
|Deputy Chairperson:|| |
Nassim Winnie Balestrini, Univ.-Prof. Dr.phil.
You can find the current composition of the faculty board on UNIGRAZOnline.
The tasks and the composition of the faculty board are defined in the organisation plan of the University of Graz (§ 11).
(1) The faculty must establish a faculty board with a maximum of 42 board members. The faculty board decides on a change in the size of the faculty board with a two-thirds majority. The faculty board includes:
- Representatives of the university professors;
- Representatives of the associate professors, the academic staff and the research and teaching staff, amounting to half the number of representatives listed under item (1);
- Representatives of the student amounting to half the number of representatives listed under item (1);
- Two representatives of the non-academic university staff.
The election regulations for the appointment of the members of the faculty board are to be applied accordingly.
(2) The term of office of the faculty board comprises two academic years and ends on September 30 of the respective year. If the newly elected faculty board is unable to begin work on October 1 of the following winter semester, the term of office of the previous faculty board is extended until the new faculty board is established, but by no longer than three months.
(3) The tasks of the faculty board are in particular:
- Statements on the proposal for the election of the dean and the vice dean,
- Preparation of a proposal for the election of the dean of studies and the vice dean of studies,
- Advisory function to the dean, especially in matters related to § 6 (4),
- Discussion of the resource overview once a semester,
- Advisory function to the faculty management in particular on teaching and study matters, research matters, internationalisation, appointment and post-doctoral matters, gender equality issues,
- Exercise of the right to be heard, in particular agreement on objectives,
- Establishment of an advisory board for suggestions on the promotion of young talent and personnel development measures; the faculty board must issue more detailed regulations,
- Establishment of a mediation advisory board for faculty-internal conflicts according to § 21.
(4) In justified cases, the faculty board may submit a written report directly to the rectorate and the senate.
ContactFaculty of Arts and Humanities
General enquiries to the dean's office should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org